Operations and Finance Role Vacancy
Want to join a fast-moving and growing social start-up and work with some of the most exciting young social entrepreneurs from all around the world?
We are looking for a solution-focused and highly organised Operations and Finance team member, to join us at ChangemakerXchange, a global community gathering some of the world’s top young changemakers.
1. The Environment
We strive for a workplace which is:
- Agile, fun, empowering and fulfilling – somewhere all team members truly love to work.
- Free from hierarchies and bottlenecks, everyone on the team leads and takes important decisions. For more information on our Modus Operandi, please see our Team Manifesto.
- Optimally set up to really deliver on our purpose and to serve our community of changemakers.
The ChangemakerXchange Purpose (co-created with our community members):
ChangemakerXchange is a global community providing safe, supportive, fun, and empowering spaces for changemakers. We foster profound and lasting connections, nurture wellbeing, and enable peer-learning and meaningful collaborations. We envision a world where changemakers collectively create, sustain and scale positive change for people and planet.
2. The Role
We are looking for an Operations focused team member to lead on many of our financial, administrative, and operational processes and platforms; including but not limited to the below set of responsibilities.
- Financial reporting and monitoring
- Bookkeeping & Accounting (e.g. working with the tax office, processing reimbursements, and bank transfers)
- Database management
- Payroll and HR processes
- Support with reporting for funders
- Working with our CRM platform and other tools
- Support with GDPR compliance and documentation
- Other miscellaneous office management, admin and operations tasks
- Some IT and hardware infrastructural support (basic)
- Joining team meetings and strategy sessions
3. What we expect from the candidate
- Experience and fluency or very fast learning capacity with administrative tasks and programs (MS Office, Salesforce, ideally DATEV)
- Passion for social entrepreneurship and ideally experience in the sector
- Skill with and passion for numbers
- Ability to work and take decisions quickly and independently
- Good communicator and solution-focused
- Some IT and hardware understanding
- Attention to detail, thorough and process/operations-oriented
- Fluency in English and German
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience in a finance/bookkeeping role
4. What we offer
- Ideally an initial commitment of 2-3 days per week (open to discussion)
- Much of the work will be virtual so regular home-office feasible
- Based in Germany (ideally based in Berlin or able to travel to Berlin frequently)
- An unparalleled learning opportunity for someone starting out in the sector
- Our remuneration is competitive for the sector. We collectively set your salary based on your years of ‘Changemaking experience’ during an honest and deep discussion. We are open and creative about what constitutes changemaking experience and it can absolutely include projects or initiatives you started as a teen, volunteering, or parental leave (a true example of changemaking in action!)
- We have a deep focus on personal growth and have a wide range of talent development initiatives and perks
5. Diversity at ChangemakerXchange
At ChangemakerXchange, we celebrate diversity as one of the key values and strengths which helps us to thrive as a global community. We strive to challenge our unconscious biases and create a fully inclusive environment for all our team members and community members.
Our goal is to be as diverse as the community members we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, medical condition, physical and mental disability, or age.
6. How to Apply
Apply via this form by 23rd August at midnight GMT.